Sidat.ID, – One thing that we know for sure and is constant about SEO, is change. Google will carry out almost a dozen algorithm updates in 2020. And, in 2021, it is expected to make several updates.
What does this mean for SEO in 2021? This tells us that Google will continue to refine and adapt its algorithms to incorporate new technologies and adapt them to user behavior. That’s why it continues to dominate the search industry and currently controls 92 percent of the market share.
As Google’s algorithm grows and develops, so do patents. Google has more than 50,000 patents, many of which will protect its valuable algorithm. In this patent, we can clearly see what Big G. is trying to achieve. Still, there are still many of us who have not read any of Google’s algorithm patents, much less all of them.
As a person with an interest in search engine optimization (SEO), I am always interested in knowing what the SEO trends will be. Here are five SEO trends we need to know and master to continue dominating search engines in 2021.
- User experience is a top ranking factor
UX is short for user experience. It has to do with SEO, on how customers or users navigate your website. User experience will be a very strong ranking factor in 2021 and beyond.
Google can measure UX, and if your site doesn’t have it, according to Google, it doesn’t deserve the top spots, and it’s true.
Think about it.
For example, the Pulan user navigates to Google, types a query, and clicks website A. After a few seconds, Pulan presses the “back” button and returns to Google. After returning to Google, Pulan clicks to site B, where he remains there and never returns to Google.
Website B is a better result for users seen by Pulan and Google. This action is known as skipping. Pogo sticking is when a user visits various sites until he finds a result that suits him. Pogo stickiness is a very strong signal to Google that users are not happy with the results.
And guess what? If the user is not satisfied, Google is not. When it comes to SEO in 2021, the last thing you want is for Google to be unhappy with your site.
Here are some quick ways to improve your site’s UX optimization:
• Make your site load faster, then speed up. This problem is the main reason why someone clicks on Google again.
• Make sure your site is mobile friendly. If your site is not displaying correctly to mobile device users, they will bounce back to Google.
• Test the links and buttons to make sure they work. Don’t leave any dead links.
• Use analytics and maps to explore your user behavior. See what they are doing on your site and why they are leaving.
- Backlinks are still needed
This may be obvious, but it should still be in your SEO guide for 2021. All things being equal, evaluating backlinks is the only way Google can differentiate between the two sites.
According to one study, backlinks are the main factor contributing to high rankings. I believe that backlinks will continue to be an important ranking factor in 2021 and for years to come.
Here are two tactics you can use when creating backlinks in 2021.
• Explore your competition’s backlinks. With a tool like Ahrefs.com, you can see who is linking to your competition and not you. Export that list and reach out to those sites to try and get links from them.
• Build relationships. The best way to generate and build awesome, high-authority backlinks is to establish rapport with other site owners. Get started now, and over time, you can build your infrastructure of relationships with site owners who will be willing to send you quality backlinks at any time.
Get some backlinks to dominate in 2021.
- EAT continues to grow
EAT stands for Experience, Authority, and Reliability (Experience, Authority, and Trust). Google wants to make sure the experts write accurate information for their users, and EAT is the answer.
If anyone can start to undermine the importance of backlinks, it’s EAT. An easy way to optimize for EAT is to find credible writers who are experienced in the topics your site will cover. Ask them to write detailed, well-researched content. Very easy.
- Mobile searches skyrocketed again
Google switched to mobile device prioritization indexing for all websites in September 2020, and a little earlier, it became clear that mobile devices are now king, and a king that won’t be dethroned anytime soon.
Cellular continues to grow in 2020 with a 55% market share worldwide and will continue at a higher rate in 2021.
Mobile devices seem to be caught up in two SEO trends for 2021 and for good reason. Both are very important for SEO 2021.
- Voice search keeps moving
It sounds like a love hate relationship. I shudder when I hear the dreaded “Hey Google, blah blah blah” from the people around me. But in reality, more and more people are using voice search every day. Sometimes it is easier. Add in smart home devices like Amazon’s Alexa, which are becoming increasingly popular, and voice search is getting better.
The good news is that it is no different from normal search when it comes to SEO optimization. You really don’t have to do anything different with keywords, UX, backlinks, etc. ***